Looking for a healthy protein snack to have on hand? These raw cacao and chia coconut protein balls are one of our go to snacks. They are so easy to make and is packed full of healthy goodness including protein, antioxidants, omega 3 and loads more nutrients! They are also gluten free, dairy, free, refined sugar free and vegan.
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Wheat Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
- 1 cups pitted dates
- 8 semi sun-dried figs (I used Singing Magpie Produce White Smyrnas Semi Sun-Dried Figs – they are delicious)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups Pure Tone Cacao Coconut Organic Pea Protein
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- Desiccated coconut to coat the balls
- Blend together dates, figs and nuts to break up (we used our Thermomix but any good quality food processor will do the trick)
- Add all other ingredients and process mixture until it begins to combine.
- Roll into balls (we'll let you decide the size)
- Roll in desiccated coconut
- Keep stored in the freezer
That easy... Enjoy!