These healthy figgy banana muffins are not only delicious and chock-full of protein but they are also super easy-to-make! They are also rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and copper from the figs and bananas. They will be a great hit with all the family!
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
Makes 6 muffins
- 1.5 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water
- 2 medium bananas
- 6 semi sun-dried figs (I used Singing Magpie Produce White Smyrnas Semi Sun-Dried Figs – they are delicious)
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- 2 scoops Pure Tone Vanilla Cinnamon Organic Pea Protein
- 2 tsp aluminium free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup almond milk
- Hazelnuts and toasted coconut chips
- Mix together the flax meal with water to form “flax-egg”. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil
- Blend together, banana, sun-dried figs, flax egg, vanilla, salt and spices.
- Mix together the flour, protein powder, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together
- Add almond milk to mixture and mix until combined
- Fill individual muffin hole ⅔ full of mixture and top with nuts or coconut.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.